When certain areas of the body develop an excess of fatty deposits, there is the potential for the skin to appear lumpy. Living in a society in which body image is incredibly important, the appearance of unwanted fat can cause emotional upset. Diet and exercise, of course, play a role in how fit the body remains. There are times, however, when a little extra assistance is needed to achieve the streamlined appearance that is desired. In the Midtown Manhattan office, women and men who wish to realize the goals they have for their physique can consult with Dr. Ron Shelton who will thoroughly take a history and examine his patient and determine if they are a candidate for tumescent liposuction, and is happy to answer questions regarding Liposuction in New York for fat reduction.
That extra bulge of stubborn fat on the love handles of the flanks or the lower abdomen or outer thighs can be impossible for many to reduce by diet and exercise. The fat becomes a body's store of energy for emergency and its insulin receptors become different than other body sites of fat. Liposuction is not a replacement for diet and exercise but in those patients physically fit who eat well balanced nutritious meals, who can't shed the bulge, should not feel guilty having a procedure to help them eradicate what was created years ago. People undergoing liposuction become even more motivated often, to maintain their exercise regimen and dietary discretionary habits as they finally see results after liposuction they couldn't obtain at the gym.
There are non-invasive fat reduction technologies such as CoolSculpting, Venus Concept, ThermiSmooth, SculpSure and UltraShape but they may take several treatments and although may come close in some cases to what liposuction in NYCcan achieve, in only one procedure liposuction can produce significant fat elimination with a much shorter time needed post treatment to see the result than the series of non-invasive treatments. Some minimally invasive treatments such as Kybella for a double chin (fat underneath the chin on the neck) and ThermiTight are additional alternatives but also create swelling and possibly bruising.
What is Tumescent Liposuction and How Is It Done?
Liposuction in NYC is a procedure through which unwanted fat is gently removedfrom beneath the skin via a small cannula. This surgery is performed in an accredited office-based surgical facility with local anesthetic, which numbs the treatment area. allowing them to be comfortable as our skilled team works with precision to achieve outstanding body contours.
The most frequently used technique for fat reduction is tumescent liposuction. Dr. Shelton injects a large volume of very dilute local anesthetic into the fatty cells of the areas to be treated. This makes the fat firmer and causes less bleeding and bruising. The word tumescence comes from the word tumesce which means to make firm. It also slows down the absorption of the anesthetic making it safer to inject more volume than if the anesthetic were not diluted. A small blunt-tipped hollow rod is placed through a small needle hole in the skin and with suction, the rod passing back and forth removes fat. Dr. Shelton places his insertion areas of the rods in the least conspicuous anatomic sites as possible and minimizes the number of sites. Usually no stitches are needed as there is no cutting. The procedure can take one to three or more hours. A compression garment is immediately applied after the procedure and worn for several weeks post operatively to help contract the tissues, minimize bruising and often lessens discomfort.
Narcotic pain relievers usually are not needed for patients who undergo tumescent liposuction, as the local anesthetic in the tumescent solution lasts for several hours.
- Exploring fat-reduction options, like SmartLipo™ in NYC, CoolSculpting™, ThermiTight™, SculpSure™, UltraShape™ or Kybella™
- New York specialist in laser therapies, liposuction offers range of minimally-invasive treatments for fat, cellulite removal
- Who is a good candidate for Liposuction?
- What is Liposuction?
- What are the complications and risks associated with Liposuction?
- Facts about Liposuction
- New York Liposuction Procedure - I had fat injected into my lower eyelids years ago and can't seem to get it reduced by different doctors trying different injections. What are my options?
- New York Liposuction Surgery - I am wearing my compression garment for the third week after liposuction. It's not as tight as it was the first week after surgery. Is this from the garment stretching out after multiple washings?
- Liposuction NY - I was overseas and had liposuction of my neck and there is too much of a depression underneath the jawbone. Can this be filled in?
- New York Liposuction - I am considering liposuction but am afraid I will gain all the weight back. Is liposuction permanent?
- Liposuction in NY - A friend of mine showed me her scars from Smart Lipo. They were a quarter inch in length and she had several on her lower belly, her sides and lower back. Is this normal or was she mistreated?
- Liposuction New York - Will I definitely have dark spots after liposuction and if I do, will they go away?
- Liposuction in New York City - My neck appears full on profile and yet the skin is not hanging. I am in my early twenties and wonder what can be done.
- Liposuction Procedures New York - Should I quit smoking for liposuction?
- Liposuction Results New York - Can I receive a good result after liposuction if only a couple hundred CCs of fat are removed from the belly?
- Laser Liposuction in NYC - How long have dermatologists been performing liposuction?
- Laser Liposuction New York - I have cellulite and was told I could have SmartLipo and it will reduce my cellulite. Is this true?
- Laser liposuction NY - I had SmartLipo a few years ago but my stomach looks so wrinkled now. Is there anything I can do?
- New York Liposuction Before and After - I had liposuction of the lower abdomen a few days ago and my labia are so black and blue and swollen. Should I be concerned?
- Laser Liposuction in NY - I want to have tumescent liposuction on my abdomen but my surgeon says that I need to also do my hips at the same time? Do I need to agree?
- Laser Liposuction in New York City - I had liposuction on my thighs one month ago and I have one area the size of a quarter that seems to be very sensitive to the slightest touch. Nearby, there is an area that is more sensitive. How can this be and will it go away?
- Benefits of Liposuction In New York City - I had liposuction done by an expert but I am unhappy as there is a large lump in one area and there is an indented area near it. What should I do?
- Procedure of Liposuction NYC - I had liposuction on my belly and saddlebags and am very happy, but at one month my scars from where the liposuction rods were entered through the skin are becoming brown and more noticeable. Can this be improved?
- Liposuction Procedure in New York - had liposuction two weeks ago and there is no difference. What went wrong?
- Laser Liposuction NYC - My sister had laser-assisted liposuction and she has an area of numbness on her thigh. Will this go away?
- NYC Liposuction - I weigh 50 pounds more than I feel I should be at. Can liposuction help?
- Best Liposuction NYC - I had liposuction four weeks ago but don't see much difference. Will I need to do it again?
- Liposuction NYC Prices - If I just lost 25 pounds in six months but want to lose 5 more, should I wait until I lose the extra 5 and then have liposuction, or should I have the lipo and then continue to lose weight?