Acne Scar Treatments NYC by Dr. Ron Shelton
Acne is no longer a problem only associated with teenagers. Patients of all ages visit Dr Ron Shelton to learn about Acne Scar Treatment options in NYC and find ways to improve and control this condition. There are many reasons acne may occur, and patients who receive a proper diagnosis through our practice are able to work hard at getting the condition to a much better place. However, even after the acne is gone, some patients deal with acne scars.
What causes acne to scar?
Acne scars are caused by inflammation that occurs. Cysts, papules, and pustules can become inflamed and swollen, breaking the skin’s surface and causing the skin to try to heal from the trauma. When this happens, some individuals are left with a lasting scar due to the destroyed skin tissue.
In order to repair areas of the skin where acne scars are present, patients must first consult a dermatologist to receive a proper diagnosis. Acne scars can vary in shape and thickness. Some are deep and very narrow (known as ice pick acne scars) and others are broad known as craters or more angulated box scars, while others appear as a raised surface on the skin. Some are also different in color, some being red, white and others, brown. This hyperpigmentation may be faded with certain medications. Deep and severe acne scars may be improved by other means.
Can laser resurfacing remove acne scars in NYC?
Dr. Shelton offers several methods to reduce the appearance of acne scars. Clear and Brilliant, Fraxel Restore and Dual, Fraxel Repair Carbon Dioxide laser and dermabrasion treatments may be used to help improve the texture and color of the skin overall, while reducing possible acne breakouts when used in conjunction with an effective skin care regimen. Punch grafts are often done first to remove ice-pick scars as they don’t improve enough with resurfacing. Another method is plasma resurfacing. Plasma can assist in stimulating the body’s regeneration of healthy skin cells to reduce the depth and appearance of acne scars. This exciting technology is cleared by the FDA for several purposes and it involves a varied downtime from a few days to more than a week. This good treatment is not available in my practice any longer as the company is no longer in business but as there is much buzz about this in Europe, Dr. Shelton feels that there will be a resurgence.
- Laser treatments for Acne Scars NYC - Do laser treatments work for acne scars?
- NY Dermatologist for Acne Scar Treatment - Visit your NY Dermatologist for Acne Scar Treatment
- New York Stretch Mark Removal - Scar revision and stretch mark removal treatment by Dr. Ron Shelton
- NYC Acne Scar Removal - I have bad acne scars and want to know if Fraxel Repair or Fraxel Restore is better.
- NYC Laser Scar Removal - I am due to have Juvederm injected in my smile creases but I want to have Fraxel Restore laser resurfacing for my sun damage. Which should I do first?
- New York Scar Removal - Can one laser treat my wrinkles and freckles?