Plasma skin regeneration
Portrait Plasma treatment in our Mid-town Manhattan aesthetic medicine practice address various skin concerns
As a leading dermatologist, Dr. Shelton can never have too many tools in his arsenal of weapons against aging. In determining what a patient's ultimate goals are for his or her appearance, Dr. Shelton considers various factors. The Portrait® plasma skin resurfacing treatment is one more way that we can approach fine lines or deep wrinkles, and a solution to pre-cancerous skin lesions. Portrait® Plasma is effective at eliminating brown spots that develop due to sun exposure, as well as other forms of hyperpigmentation.
Portrait® Plasma is different from other treatments in that the skin is treated with microsecond pulses of plasma energy, delivered from a specially designed handheld device that simultaneously stimulates the skin to produce new collagen, providing the building blocks for the rejuvenation of skin. Rather than simply treating the surface of the skin, Portrait® Plasma begins its transforming work deep below the surface, remodeling the foundation of skin. Healing actually begins before the top layer of skin is shed making it a more comfortable recovery than with the ablative laser devices.
Undergoing a Portrait® Plasma treatment takes under an hour, depending on the size of the treatment area. In our office, the hand-held device delivers plasma energy to deep layers of the skin without the effect of direct contact. This treatment causes no immediate wound to the skin, and therefore carries less risk of infection, pain, redness, or a lengthy recovery time. Due to its innovative delivery of energy, Portrait® Plasma works well with many different skin types.
Portrait® Plasma produces results that are similar to laser resurfacing. The results that come from this treatment are ongoing; Portrait® Plasma stimulates the production of collagen below the surface of the skin, increasing skin elasticity for up to a year. In a short time after undergoing treatment, patients experience improved skin texture and tone, and a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
Who might be a good candidate for Portrait® Plasma?
Those who may find optimal results from Portrait® Plasma treatment seek:
- Repair of hyperpigmentation or sun spots
- Removal of pre-cancerous lesions
- Reduction of fine lines or deep wrinkles on the face
- Improvement in the tightness of skin
- Improvement in elasticity and texture, for a more youthful appearance
- Reduction in acne scarring
To regain a more vibrant, youthful appearance no longer requires undergoing lengthy surgical procedures or invasive treatments. Portrait® Plasma may give you the exact results you are looking for, without an extensive healing time.
- Portrait Plasma Results NYC - How Portrait Plasma treatment in NYC archives amazing results
- Portrait Plasma Rejuvenation in NYC - What to expect: The procedure for Portrait Plasma facial rejuvenation in NYC
- Portrait Plasma Rejuvenation NYC - What to expect before, during, and after Portrait Plasma resurfacing in NYC
- Portrait Plasma skin rejuvenation NYC - Using Portrait Plasma to treat the skin to less-invasive rejuvenation
- Portrait Plasma Resurfacing NYC - What is portrait plasma resurfacing for NYC patients?
- Portrait Plasma NY - Reasons a NY patient may consider Portrait Plasma treatment
- Portrait Plasma New York City - What is Portrait Plasma and how can it help improve the skin of New York City area patients?
- Portrait Plasma Skin Regeneration NYC - How can NYC area patients enjoy skin regeneration with Portrait Plasma treatment?
- NYC Portrait Plasma - Who is a good candidate for Portrait Plasma treatment in NYC?
- Portrait Plasma in New York City - What can a patient achieve with Portrait Plasma in New York City?
- Portrait Plasma for Wrinkles NYC - How Portrait Plasma differs from laser therapy for wrinkles in NYC
- Portrait Plasma in NYC - I am 72 but look 92 with very bad wrinkles on my cheeks. I used to be in the sun all the time from childhood through my adulthood until my late 60s when I had a skin cancer removed. Now I want the wrinkles removed but I have very bad high blood pressure and my doctor said I shouldn't have a facelift because of the anesthesia. Is there something else that can help my skin?
Ready to find out more?
Contact us for more information or for a consultation with Dr. Shelton.