Dr Ron Shelton was awarded the RealSelf Top Doctor Award..Read More
Dermal fillers such as Restylane™ and Perlane™ are based on formulas containing hyaluronic acid. In contrast, we use Radiesse™ to accomplish the promotion of collagen in the skin. Collagen is a naturally occurring substance that decreases in the system, as we grow older. As this decrease in collagen occurs, the skin may not look as vibrant or as taught as it once did. Add to the natural aging process the fact that we are all consistently exposed to environmental and dietary toxins, and harmful UV rays, and it is easy to see why anti-aging treatments are so widely popular.
Radiesse™ enhances facial contours through a base of tiny calcium beads, the same substance that is found in our teeth and bones. As calcium is a natural substance, Radiesse™ is biocompatible (well tolerated by the body). Hence, there is no need to undergo skin testing before receiving this filler, nor is there concern over side effects. As soon as a Radiesse™ treatment is completed, the patient may resume normal daily activity, as they feel able. There are times when a patient may experience slight bruising or swelling at the injection site, but any such symptoms typically disappear within a day to two, decreased with ice and any generic pain reducer.
Our patients' comfort is important to us. We understand there are those who are less tolerant of injections, even those with the smallest needles. When administering Radiesse or any dermal filler, we may apply a topical numbing cream if it is requested.
Anytime, a dermal filler is sought for cosmetic enhancement, it is important to work with a trained and experienced medical professional. As cosmetic experts, our clinicians recommend treatment only after careful consideration of the area being treated, and the condition of skin. Radiesse, although quite effective and safe for use, is not necessarily right for every patient or location. For instance, we may not recommend Radiesse™ to add volume to lines around the lips, as small bumps may appear in this localized area. To discover your best options for cosmetic enhancement, it is always safest to work with professionals such as those in our state-of-the-art practice.
If you would like to address the signs of aging such as lines around the eyes, nose, or chin, contact us to determine your most suitable treatment plan.
*Results may vary
- Radiesse Facial Contouring NYC - How does NYC Radiesse treatment achieve lasting facial contouring?
- New York City Radiesse - New York City dermatologist explains the benefits of Radiesse
- Radiesse New York - What is Radiesse?
- Radiesse After Results NYC - NYC dermatologist sees positive Radiesse results after treatments in patients
- Radiesse Procedure New York - What to expect during a Radiesse injection procedure at New York dermatologist
- Radiesse Procedure NYC - What happens during a Radiesse procedure in NYC?
- Radiesse for Sagging Skin NYC - What to expect from Radiesse treatment in NYC for sagging skin
- Radiesse Injection New York - I had read on the internet that someone had Radiesse injected near their eyelid but it caused a lump. As I am scheduled to have a Radiesse injection I wonder what can be done if this happens?
- Radiesse Side Effects New York - I have a friend who had a very big lump when she came home from her doctor after Radiesse was injected to plump up her cheek. What could this be from?
- Radiesse Injections New York - Many years ago, when Radiesse very first came to market, I had my lips injected. I like the result but I have one lump that is very firm and has persisted all these years. Can it be dissolved like Restylane?
- Radiesse Before and After New York - Does Radiesse form permanent lumps?
- Radiesse Reviews New York - I had Botox done to make my lower lip look less prominent after fillers that made me unhappy. Now I don't like the way it looks when I smile. How long will this last?
- Radiesse Treatment NYC - Can an electric toothbrush reduce the Radiesse lump from vibration?
FREE Skin Health Newsletters
Click Here to
Visit Our Blog
Visit Our Blog
Expertise and Training
Dermatologist, Dermatalogic Surgery
2015 ASDS Consumer Survey on Cosmetic Dermatologic ProceduresRealSelf Q&A with Ronald Shelton, MD