Dr Ron Shelton was awarded the RealSelf Top Doctor Award..Read More
How Pellevé worksRadio frequency technology is behind powerful Pellevé treatments. This thermal energy is delivered to the skin in a constant manner, with the strength of energy gradually increasing as the hand held device moves across the skin. The area where the underlying layer of fat meets the skin is precisely targeted for the increased production of collagen. In the time following treatment, collagen stores are built up and the skin continues to look tighter, younger, and more radiant. To achieve optimal results, Dr. Shelton performs a series of 5 to 6 treatments every ten to fourteen days, or longer in between treatments, for most patients.
Not only are Pellevé treatments convenient and non-invasive, they tend to be quite comfortable compared to many other skin-tightening procedures. Sensations of heat in the skin actually guide the process because patients are able to communicate where warmth is occurring, indicating the depth at which thermal energy is active.
Pellevé skin tightening visits in our Mid-town Manhattan aesthetic medicine practice take only about an hour and require no anesthetic. Immediately after treatment, the skin may appear slightly red and swollen for a short time. These side effects do not stand in the way of normal activities. Before beginning, we apply a soothing topical gel to the skin in the treatment area. As energy reaches the cells beneath the skin, a warming sensation occurs but it should not grow to be uncomfortable.
Tighter skin is skin that is more youthful looking. Learn more about Pellevé treatment in the office of Dr. Ron Shelton by calling (212) 561 5808.
- Pellev Facial Tightening NYC - The beauty of science: Pellev facial skin tightening treatment in NYC
- Pellev Before and After NYC - Can Pellev in NYC be performed before or after dermal fillers?
- Pelleve in New York City - What is Pelleve in NYC used for?
- Pelleve Laser Treatment NYC - How is Pelleve different from laser skin treatments for NYC patients?
- Pelleve Treatment New York - What are the benefits of Pelleve treatment for New York patients?
- Pelleve NYC - What is Pelleve and how can it help NYC patients?
- Pelleve in NYC - Dermatologist in NYC answers, what is Pelleve?
- Lower Eyelid Wrinkles NYC - I have lower eyelid wrinkles that have not been improved by chemical peels. In fact, I developed darker skin from the healing after the peel. What else can be done?
- Skin Sagging Treatments NYC - I have a friend that had Utlherapy and had a great result but she was much worse off than me with more jowls. I am only 39 and just starting to see some changes. I also have a lower pain threshold than my friend and wonder if I could tolerate Ulthera. I heard Pelleve doesn’t hurt. Is this true?
- Upper Eyelid Wrinkle Treatments NYC - If I want my upper eyelids treated, would I have Ultherapy?
- Lower Eyelid Wrinkles Treatments NYC - When I had my chemical peel, I liked the immediate refreshing appearance it gave me on my face but it didn't help enough on the chest. What else can I do for my sun-damaged wrinkled chest?
- Lower Eyelid Wrinkle Treatment in NYC - I am not ready for a facelift and I don't tolerate pain readily. My face has begun to sag. What is my best option?
- Pelleve New York City - I had badly aged the skin of my chest when I was young with sunbathing. I used a reflector and mixed iodine in baby oil. Now I have wrinkles and tons of brown spots. I had my face treated with CO2 laser many years ago and it helped but my chest looks so old in comparison. My neck too! What can be done because I know the Carbon Dioxide laser can risk scarring my skin in these areas?
FREE Skin Health Newsletters
Click Here to
Visit Our Blog
Visit Our Blog
Expertise and Training
Dermatologist, Dermatalogic Surgery
2015 ASDS Consumer Survey on Cosmetic Dermatologic ProceduresRealSelf Q&A with Ronald Shelton, MD