Dr Ron Shelton was awarded the RealSelf Top Doctor Award..Read More
Click Here to
Visit Our Blog
Visit Our Blog
2015 ASDS Consumer Survey on Cosmetic Dermatologic Procedures
Expertise and Training
Dermatologist, Dermatalogic Surgery
Laser Hair Removal NYCFor many people, body hair poses aesthetic concerns. Due to the inefficiency of most hair removal techniques, laser hair removal in the office of Dr. Ron Shelton is a popular dermatologic treatment. Laser hair removal NYC is an excellent procedure for men and women who desire smoother skin and greater convenience in personal grooming.
If excess body hair is your concern, we invite you to schedule a consultation in our Manhattan medical facility, where Dr. Shelton and his team are well qualified to help you. Our skilled aesthetic providers can help you say goodbye to shaving, tweezing, and stripping hair from the body in just a few straightforward treatment sessions.
With the aid of lasers, your doctor will utilize the technique called 'selective photothermolysis' to precisely heat the specific areas where hair growth occurs. This means that the laser heat will be accurately directed at the follicle and it will not affect the skin around unwanted hairs. Unlike other procedures, the laser hair removal process ensures minimum skin irritation with maximum effect.
Before laser hair removal, the most efficient form of hair reduction was to treat pores with electrolysis. This procedure took more time due to its ability to treat only one follicle at a time. The heating of follicles with electric thermal energy was also quite uncomfortable. With laser, each pulse treats hundreds of hair follicles in a far more comfortable fashion.
Laser hair removal is an FDA approved system for "permanent hair reduction." This term is preferred over "hair removal" because it is possible that a few hairs will grow back here and there. After completing a series of laser treatments through which actively growing hairs are targeted, many people schedule touch up sessions on a yearly basis to keep skin smooth and hair-free.
Don't let unwanted hair diminish the satisfaction you feel with your appearance. Contact us at (212) 593-1818.
*Results may vary
Last updated on:21 September, 2017
- Hair Removal Laser NYC - How long does the procedure take?
- Hair Laser Removal NYC - How many laser treatments would be necessary to complete the process and how often?
- Laser Hair Removal NYC Cost - How much does it cost? (Laser Hair Removal)
- Laser Hair Removal Reviews New York - I just had laser hair removal on my face for ingrown hairs but now I realize I may want to grow a beard in the future. What should I do?
- Laser Hair Removal New York - Is laser hair removal good for ingrown hairs or folliculitis?
- Laser Hair Removal Treatment New York - Do I have to have all eight treatments for laser hair removal if I don't see hair re-growth after the first few treatments?
- Laser Hair Removal Information New York - I saw someone who had laser hair removal and she developed round white marks in scattered areas that are the size of pencil erasers. It looks very obvious and unusual. Will this go away?
- Laser Hair Removal Results New York - I had laser hair removal for the first time, last week, and don't see any fewer hairs, why?
- Laser Hair Removal Cost New York - How many treatments will I need for laser hair removal of my back? I am a 24 year old man with very dark hair and light skin.
- Top Laser Hair Removal in NYC - Should I continue to have laser hair removal if I don't see hairs after three treatments?
- Hair Removal Laser Treatment in New York City - Can I have laser hair removal of my underarms if I am 15 years old?