FillersVolume depletion from fat loss is a consequence of the normal aging process and also significant weight loss. In the face, this contributes to a less youthful appearance. People with facial volume loss look more tired than they are, and can appear to be ill to others. The volume loss creates a lack of support of the overlying tissues which then causes the eyelids to fall, the temple sink in, the cheeks deflate and create larger smile folds and jowls form below the jawline. Replacing this volume loss is done with thin fillers for the superficial lines and thicker fillers for the deep infrastructure. See our pages on Restylane™ and Juvederm™ Ultra for the superficial hyaluronic acid fillers. This section deals with the thicker, more viscous Perlane™, Juvederm™ Ultra Plus, Radiesse™, Fat Injections and mentions Sculptra™, which acts as a seed to stimulate new collagen production by your own body rather than being a filler.
Fillers may last up to a year or more. Sculptra™, after three treatments done every six weeks approximately, may last for a year and a half or more. Fat injections are fat grafts, and a certain percent of those cells live in the new area, and some die. Not all can live as they need to acquire a new way in which to receive the oxygen they need. This usually means for the first two days there is diffusion of oxygen from the adjoining tissues but new blood vessels have to grow into the nest of fat cells and nourish them. If there is too much fat in volume, placed at one time, more of the fat may die. The fat is most commonly harvested with local anesthetic from the buttock, lower abdomen or outer thigh. I then use the technique of centrifugation to take away the local anesthetic that is now mixed with the fat to have made it a painless removal, and then insert the fat through a very small cannula into the recipient site where we need to augment the volume.
The type of filler depends on your specific anatomical contour, the depth and volume needed of a filler, and the types of lines that are to be treated. Volume replacement not only improves contour but has a way of making the overlying skin’s texture appear better. Many patients do not need a facelift, but only volume replacement to give them a more youthful appearance.
Bruising may occur so avoid blood thinners before the procedure. Your doctor can advise you concerning this. There is some medical evidence that Arnica Montana, a herb, may reduce swelling and bruising if taken around the time of a procedure so speak to us about this so that if you are interested you will know what product to obtain from us. Aside from being swollen and bruised, there is not much downtime, activities are not restricted for more than a day to several days depending on the amount of work done.
- Latest Dermal Fillers NYC - Are the latest dermal fillers in NYC really the greatest?
- Injectable Fillers New York - I had Juvederm injected in my upper lip yesterday and when I awoke this morning it was so plumped. Should I expect worsening tomorrow?
- Cosmetic Fillers New York - I had fat injections done to lift my cheek about four weeks ago but I have persistent tenderness in the middle of the cheek and numbness of the lower eyelid and upper lip on the same side. Will this go away?
- Cosmetic Fillers - I was overseas and had a filler injected into my cheeks six months ago and liked the result, but it recently swelled after I had a tooth extraction. What could have happened?
- Injectable Fillers - I was seen by a different doctor and had a filler injected for my tear trough and later that day I developed a big lump only on one side. It's been a year and it's still there. What can this be and how can I get rid of it?
- Fraxel Treatment New York - I want improvement in my wrinkles. Is a chemical peel or Fraxel laser better?
- Fillers New York City - When will I see the result of my fat injections?
- New York Cosmetic Fillers - I have had fat injections done in my lip but they were overdone and I now have bumps. Can they be surgically removed?
- New York City Fillers - I saw a photograph on the internet of a face that was all discolored red and purple, on one side of the cheek after she had a filler injected. It looked terrible. Is this common?
- Fillers Injectable - Can injecting fat diminish the dark circles underneath my eyelids?
- Fillers Cosmetic - Is there a way such as laser to add volume to the face like Radiesse or Sculptra?
- New York Cosmetic Filler - I had a filler injected 16 months ago and it still looks lumpy. I think it was Restylane. My friend had a bump that was dissolved by an injection after she had some filler. Can mine be injected to dissolve the filler this late after the injection?
- New York City Filler - Am I able to have liposuction and fat injections done at the same time?
- Filler New York City - Can I have fat injections for my tear troughs?
- Cosmetic Fillers in New York - If I have fat injections on my abdomen to fill in indents, can I have Endermologie later to smooth out cellulite?
- Cosmetic Fillers in New York City - If I don't want cheek implants, can I get similar volume with fillers?
- Benefits of Cosmetic Fillers NYC - My surgeon did fat injections for my tear trough two weeks ago and one side is definitely larger than the other. What should I do?
- Fat Injections New York - What do you recommend to minimize the chance of bruising when I get Restylane?
- Dermal Filler NY - I have a big dimple in only one buttock that is rather high near the lower back and is seen above my bikini. Can fat injections help this?
- Facial Fillers NYC - 20 years ago a doctor injected my lips and I have lumps for the last 10 years that don't go away. Some doctors tried to inject a steroid but it didn't help. One said it might have been silicone that I had injected. What can I do?